Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Living life

Going to be heading here later on tonight.
I was hoping it would get rained out.  Is that bad?
:-)

Sorry, I haven't been blogging lately.  We've been a little busy.
Lots of baseball and softball games to attend between Gabe and my niece Taylor.
Went to a very chilly outdoor wedding over the weekend.
I am ready for summer and our Florida vacation.
I am counting down the days. 

We've also been working on some home improvement projects.
Getting our front porch roof replaced, and then spiffing up the front porch-new paint, furniture, etc. 
Just lots going on in my day-to-day life at the moment.
What's new with you?

Any good activities to recommend for a 3 and a 6 year old for a 17+ hour car ride to Cocoa Beach, FL?  Would love some suggestions!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I packed a lot of little activities for each girl. I used stickers, stamps, candy, paddle ball, and several other activities. I bought little prize bags and then they each had their own bag to open every so often in the car to find a new surprise. DVDs, video games, and travel games are also great. We also made a list of cities we were going to be going thru and the girls got to put stickers next to them and that allowed them to kind of see how much longer we had to go. Here are a couple of sites that my friend gave me to about traveling in the car. http://www.momsminivan.com/
http://www.familytravelgear.com/page/FTG/CTGY/ATG
I found a lot of simple projects and crafts at Joann Fabrics in the dollar section.
Also junior mad libs are pretty fun. There is a list of words that the child picks from for each story. My girls enjoyed listing to silly stories that they helped write. :) Oh, don't forget the drive home - save some items for that, it is usually the hardest.

Nancy said...

I agree with Sarah. The ride home is harder. We took our Magnadoodle, lots of stickers, crayons, markers, pipe cleaners, movies, and books. I also took a clipboard for each boy so that their paper stayed in place. Aidan spent a good majority of the time just making pictures with his stickers and construction paper.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails