Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Honey-Pecan Cinnamon Rolls Recipe

For all of you cinnamon lovers who are still trying to eat healthy, I have an awesome WW recipe for them!

Honey-Pecan Cinnamon Rolls (I used almonds instead)
WW points=3pts per serving


1 (1lb) loaf frozen white bread dough
2 T granulated sugar
2 tsp cinnamon (I eyeballed it)
Butter flavored cooking spray
1/3 C honey
1/3 C brown sugar
3 T chopped pecans, toasted (I used untoasted almonds)

1.  Thaw dough in refrigerator for 12 hours; cover and bring to room temp (about an hour).  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Combine granulated sugar and cinnamon.  (I added a bit of brown sugar to this mixture as well from my 1/3 C measurement).  Roll dough into a 12x8-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. 


Lightly coat with cooking spray.

Sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
Lightly spray with cooking spray again.
Beginning at long side, roll up dough tightly, jelly-roll fashion; pinch the seam to seal.
Cut roll crosswise into 12 (1-inch thick) slices.


3. Place honey in microwave safe dish (I used my pie plate that I was cooking the rolls in).  Microwave on HIGH for 20 seconds until it coats the bottom of dish evenly.  Sprinkle brown sugar and nuts on top of honey. 
Place rolls, cut side down, in pan.

Cover and let rise in a warm place (85 degrees), free from draft.
(I let mine rise in the over before preheating it).
**Yes, I made 2 batches as well, but one of them was to share with my brother and sister-in-law.  They loved them!

4.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and fluffy.  Invert rolls immediately onto a platter; cool 5 minutes.  Yield: 1 dozen (serving size is 1 roll)

1 comment:

Miss Mary said...

mmmmmmmmm yummers..did you save me one? These look fab. May have to give these a try.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails