On another topic, I wanted to make a list of some New Year's goals I have for 2009, and I want to get them down before I forget.
- My mentality and word for 2009 is ACCEPT. If you are a fan of Ali Edwards, you know what I am talking about when I say my word. You should check it out for yourself here. I need to accept that God is in control of all, and I need to lift all of my cares up to Him. I worry so much, and I need to pass those worries to Him. I need to accept that things happen, that sick kids happen, that life happens, and I am not in control. I need to accept that I cannot stop my kids from getting older. I am ready to better ACCEPT my role in this life.
- Of course I want to lose some weight and better take care of myself. I have been taking my multivitamin everyday now for 2 months, and I think I can safely say it has become a habit. I have finally overcome my caffeine drinks. I even order a nice iced decaf mocha made skinny, and it is delish. I want to get back into going to Zumba and pilates classes at least 3 times a week. I was doing so good before my birthday, but then let it go. Shame on me.
- I want to enjoy more of the little, everyday things about my boys. They are such a blessing and bring such joy to my life. I don't want to miss so much of their everyday changing personalities. Gabe is now missing 4 teeth. Seriously, he will be in kindergarten this year!! Crazy! Graedon will be 3, and he is just talking up a storm! I have been good at keeping a little journal of some of the cute things he is saying now.
- I want to be a more attentive wife to Chad. He is such a good provider for us, and I am so blessed that he has a good job that we can afford for me to stay at home with the boys. I want to show my appreciation to him more, and just give our relationship the nurturing that it needs.
- This is by far not the last thing I want to strive for in 2009, but I think 5 main goals are a good start. I want to grow more in my walk with the Lord. I have been wanting to start a woman's Bible study, and I think I am going to start that soon. I want to serve Him to the best of my ability, and I need to focus again. God has been so good to me, and I do not want to take that for granted.
This has become a long post, but it will be one I will come back to often so that I can remind myself of my goals for 2009!