Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Recipe Sharing WW style

This is my favorite recipe by far! 
I am a huge salisbury steak fan, and when I decided to try this WW recipe, I fell in love with it!
The hubster and little guys love it too, so that is a win, win for me! 
Healthy and good, you cannot go wrong!
Let me know if you try it out.
Salisbury Steak
1 lb ground round
2/3 C finely chopped onion
1/3 C uncooked instant rice
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp salt
1 large egg white
Cooking Spray
1 1/4 C presliced fresh mushrooms or 4 oz can (drained)
2 (10.5 ounces) cans beef consomme
1 1/2 T Worcestershire sauce
2 T water
1 1/2 T cornstarch

1.  Combine first six ingredients in a bowl; combine well.  Divide into 4 equal portions (I can usually get 6 out of this). 
2.  Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.  (I use my electric skilliet).  Place on medium high heat.,  Add patties once skillet is hot.  Cook 5 minutes on each side or until browned.  Remove from skillet; set aside and keep warm.
3.  Recoat skillet with cooking spray.  Add mushrooms and saute over medium-high heat for 3 minutes.  Add consomme and Worcestershire sauce; cook 10 minutes.  Return patties to skillet.  Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. 
4.  Combine water and cornstarch; stir well.  Stir cornstarch mixture into broth mixture in skillet; bring to a boil and cook 1 minute or until thickened.  Stir constantly.  Spoon gravy over patties when serving.

Yield:  4 servings (serving size is 1 patty and 6 tablespoons gravy).
Points:  8

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Yummo!! Thanks so m uch for posting this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails