Wednesday, August 27, 2008
I'm a mommy of a 5 year old!
Gabe turned the big 5 on August 16th! How can my little guy be 5 already? Oh, I want time to stand still. It just amazes me that he is 5. He is an amazing boy, and I know that he is going to be such an even more amazing man. He is so sweet, tenderhearted, and just an all around good kid.
He wanted a "dinosaur bone-hunting" party. So, being a mom that wants to give her boys what they want for their birthday, I obliged. Here are some shots from his big day. My mom and I made him a T-Rex birhtday cake. We had a dinosaur dig with sand and fossils. All the kids had tools to excavate their fossils. I think this was my fave part of the day. We also had dinosaur eggs that I made out of paper mache and a balloon. I filled them with the treats for the kids to take home. They cracked them open to discover their fun treat bag. Then after a few of the games, we went inside for cake and ice cream and presents. I think that was Gabe's favorite part of the day. It was a really fun party!
Here are 5 things that I am loving about my newly 5 year old little boy!
1. I love how when I cough, or anyone coughs for that matter, you always say "goodness."
2. You are such a caring big brother. No matter how mean Graedon can be to you, you will still, out of the blue talk about how you love him. You have more patience than I thought you would.
3. You are a daddy's boy. It is okay with me that daddy is your favorite at the moment. I just love that your favorite person is a parent, and I only hope we can stay close to you as you get older.
4. I love that your favorite meal is breakfast. In fact, I think eggs are your favorite food. You want eggs for breakfast, lunch and even snacks at times. You would have eggs, sausage, bacon and toast everyday for every meal if I allowed you to.
5. You will talk to just talk. You are non stop. My favorite filler you do is "Mom?" I reply with "What?" You always respond, "I love you."
Well, I love you Gabe! Happy 5th!