Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

52nd Annual Covered Bridge Festival

Sorry I have been absent from blogging this last week, but I am happy to say that I have been busy. I've been busy getting my shop on at the Covered Bridge Festival. It is an annual festival in it's 52nd year. Parke County, IN hosts some awesome historic Covered Bridges, and the festival centers around these bridges in a few different cities/towns. Some of my faves are the Bridgeton Covered Bridge and the Mansfield Covered Bridge. The pictures below are from one of the 3 Covered Bridges located in Billie Creek Village. My mom and I took Gabe and Graedon there on Monday, and we are looking forward to attending Mansfield on Thursday. I am hoping to get some great shot of the bridge by the creek and maybe some of the mill.

The Covered Bridge Festival is 10 days of awesome food, crafts and vendors ,and too many yard sales along the highways to even count. It is a way to see God's beauty in the changing leaves. You don't know what kind of weather to expect; either cool and sunny, hot and humid, or cold and rainy. It's always unpredictable, but it is worth it. It is the start of the fall season here in Indiana! I look forward to it every year, and every year I go at least 3 or 4 days. Sometimes I can even get Chad to go. I'll let you know if I succeed this year.



1 comment:

Jayne said...

Been to this several times and I love it! Wish I could go with you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails