Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A work in progress, Happy October!

So, we undertook remodeling our kitchen this weekend, and things aren't quite done. Our new stove arrived just tonight, so I was holding off on taking some after pics for that. Also, the cabinets aren't painted yet, but it is still a work in progress. Thank you to my brother, Jesse, and my mom for helping out all weekend. My brother was a life savior with demolition of the kitchen and all of the plumbing. Chad did all of the electrical and moving of outlets, etc. My mom and I had the main task of laying the new laminate hardwood flooring. It was a long weekend, but I am loving the results so far. So, here are some pics.

This is the kitchen before we started tearing it out.

Here is the old stove, and we took down the hood and a cabinet that was hanging above the stove.
Here is a pic of what was behind the sink base cabinet. We had to build in a whole new wall there. And you will notice the dishwasher in the bottom left of the photo. We moved that as well. Oh, and half of the floor has been pulled up.
Now, here are some after shots. You can see our new microwave hood and stove to match. Also, you can see that we moved the dishwasher. Sorry that the cabinet doors are missing.
The new sink bas cabinet, as well as new sink and faucet. And I love our new countertops. I hate that I haven't had a chance to paint the cabinets because they seem to blend in with the color of the countertops. Also, don't you just love the new floor?!?!
I will post more completed pictures once I get the cabinets painted.
Also, I wante to say Happy October everyone! Can you believe it is already October 1st? October is my favorite month, and I am very excited for it this year. Here are a few things I have to look forward to:

*My 7th wedding anniversary on October 6th!
*The Covered Bridge Festival!!
*Pumpkin patch visits and pumpkin carving with my family.
*Our 2nd annual Halloween Party on the 24th!
*My golden birthday~I will be 29 on the 29th!
*Of course Halloween! Gabe wants to be a vampire and I think Graedon may be Scooby Doo.

What are your fave October plans?

1 comment:

Jayne said...

Looking great so far!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails