Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Coughing + Doctor + Medicine = Happy Mom

Wow, we have been through it the past few weeks. When it rains it pours around here when speaking of being sick. My goodness. I am exhausted.

Gabe started off with a really bad cough 2 weeks ago, but was better in a few days. Then on Tuesday of last week, I thought I had caught his cold. I was miserable. Two boxes of tissues later, I still cannot smell or taste, I am tired, but just congested now. Well, on Thursday, Graedon decides to start running a fever. No biggie. It was a low fever and he was playing and eating. That soon turned to a little lifeless little guy, no eating and a fever that would not break. Called the doctor. She said if it didn't get better over the weekend, then she would need to see him. Saturday, still fever, but spurts of energy, but now Gabe has fever and this horrible cough. He is coughing so hard that he is getting nose bleeds and getting sick to his stomach. Sunday was just a day home to rest. I thought the fevers were getting better, but no. That night included fevers, accidents in bed, cleaning up a bloody nose and washing sheets and pillow cases. I was so tired. Finally, Monday morning and I call the doctor again. Luckily, they could see both boys that day.

She diagnosed them with double ear infections each and a virus. They had not complained about thier ears even once. Gabe even asked how he could have an ear infection if his ears didn't even hurt. All I know is that I am happy to report that the antibiotics have already kicked in. No fevers to report today, and Graedon's appetite has started to come back and he is up and playing. Poor Gabe is just having a rough time with his cough still. She prescribed some cough medicine with codeine, but he got sick to his stomach last night after taking it, so we are just sticking with the Robitussin.

I am still not able to smell or taste. Not fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will pray for a healing touch over your family! I feel for you...Emma started coughing the other day and it just keep lingering and that is usually the first sign she gives me when she has an ear infection so I am PRAYING it's just her asthma and it will go away. I am so sorry you've had to go through all this sickness...but you will definitely be able to appreciate healthier days very soon!

Amy @ Positively Splendid said...

Thank goodness for those antibiotics! I hope y'all are all feeling 100% very soon!

Jessica said...

I really hope you get to feeling better soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails