Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

PreK First Day

Today was Gabe's first day of PreK. I know it is technically preschool, but PreK sounds older and better. Everyone keeps asking me if he is going to Kindgergarten this year, but he missed the deadline just by 2 weeks, and I was more than happy to keep him little just a bit longer. I asked him this morning if he was excited to go to school, and he pretty much replied in a nonchalant way, "Yeah, I am ready to go." He didn't make a big fuss about it, just was matter-of-fact about it. Kind of as if he was too cool for school, and that he was an old pro at going.

Well, I am just happy that he had a good day, and that he is looking forward to going back tomorrow. He really makes me proud, and I am looking forward to a great year with him!

Oh, one more thing. Graedon and I walked him into the little porched area of the school to help him hang up his backpack and drop off his supplies. Graedon didn't want to leave. He wanted to go in with Gabe. I had to pick him up and make him leave. Another mom asked me if I was going to enroll Graedon into nursery school. He's not even 2 yet. Ack, I don't know how I would feel if I had both in school. Let's just say that I will keep him home with me another year before school thoughts enter my head for baby G. Too much, too soon.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails